What we collect
We only collect information that is relevant to the service you have asked us to provide and only the information you are happy to share with us. We may collect the following information: your name, your contact information such as email address, demographic information as in your preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and information you provide by filling in forms on our website. Also, we may collect details of any transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfillment of your orders including details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access. When you place an order you will be asked to supply your name, address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, email address, credit or debit card details. This information is needed so that we can process your order or contact you if necessary about your order or payment. We may forward your contact details including a telephone number to our courier if we use one to dispatch your order so that they may contact you to arrange delivery. So that we can advise you on how to use the feeds and supplements that we supply, we may need to record certain information on our database, including your name, contact details, what you ordered and any other information about your animal, or intended use of the product. We do not sell, share or give your details to third parties unless we believe the release of details is appropriate in order to comply with UK law. Only if you have actively consented to receive (opt-in) for email updates, will we from time to time provide you with information on our products, such as newsletters, which we feel may be of interest to our customers. You can opt out of this at any time by emailing us with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject header or use the unsubscribe link in any of our subscription emails you may receive.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with a better service and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping purposes, to improve our products and services, to provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (again you can unsubscribe at any time you wish).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you chose to do so and also to notify you about changes to our products or services.
- Our primary lawful and legitimate basis for collecting and processing the personal data you provide to us is to enable us to complete the transaction(s) between you and BFR Animal Feeds.
We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you only if you have “opted in” to receive such information under the new GDPR Regulations otherwise we will not communicate with you directly only if relevant to a purchase/refund transaction to enable us to complete the transaction.
We do not store customer credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties unless wholly required to complete the transaction you have asked us to perform.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 2003 – 2008 and the Data Protection Act 1998-2003. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once added the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the information is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not in any way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may in some cases prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The cookies we use whilst using our site
First party cookies
- cookie_consent_status - Used to store your choice of accepting cookies whilst using our site. Will store the value "dismiss" (Expiry 12 months)
- currency - Used to store our default currency whilst browsing our site. Will store the value "GBP" as default (Expiry 30 days)
- language - Used to store your choice of language whilst browsing our site. Will store the value "en" as default (Expiry 30 days)
- PHPSESSID - Used to maintain functionality such as 'shopping basket' whilst using our site. Will store a random value such as "oqulm9jkcmo243krpthb1dgih4" (Expiry Immediately)
Third party cookies
- Cookies with names prefixed by _ga - Stores information used by Google Analytics to track user activity on the site. Will store a random value such as "GA1.3.1445072514.1444339844" (Expiry 2 years)
- Cookies with names prefixed by __atuvc and/or __atuvs - This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count. Will store a random value such as "3%7C51" and/or "5675f12c42355e62002" respectively. (Expiry Immediately)
In order to better serve our customers and visitors to our website, we use Google Analytics. For this service, Google sends cookies (small text files) to your computer which can be used to evaluate the use of the website and produce activity-based reports. No personal data is retained or accessed for any other use. Google stores the collected information on servers in the USA which may be transferred to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can though protect your privacy even further by opting out of Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. Remember under the new GDPR regulations you have the right to access/request the personal data we hold securely on you free of charge and you also have the right to be “forgotten” i.e. you can ask us to delete or remove any personal data we may have belonging to you but please bear in mind that occasionally we will have legitimate reasons to keep some information i.e. for completing any transaction(s) that we at BFR as a provider are engaged in with you as a customer/consumer.
We currently do not, and under the new GDPR regulations, will not share your personal information/data with anyone other than our merchant provider (in this instance PayPal) who we use to process/complete sales/refund transactions. In this instance, PayPal only receives/have access to the relevant data required to complete any sales/refund transaction you have consented to supply to us to legitimately allow the transaction to be completed. And we share only with our courier companies your name, address and telephone number to enable them to complete the transaction and deliver to you the goods you have purchased.